Monday, August 28, 2006

I Hate Hue

If you read the post titled Color or Black and White?, you may have already tried to convert some of your color pictures to black and white. I bet your results weren't very pleasing. That's because converting a color picture to black and white doesn't give the same quality as you get with a black and white original.

That is, unless, you really know what you're doing.

The article entitled I Hate Hue from the website of Popular Photography & Imaging magazine should be a great help. They have two easy-to-follow processes to convert color images to black and white in PhotoShop.

If you don't have PhotoShop, you'll have to try to take a few pictures in black and white and color without changing any other settings, and moving the camera as little as possible.

2 Comments:

At 9/21/2006 10:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I used to de-saturate until someone showed me the channel mixer in PS7.

I haven't looked back since.

I had quite an "ordinary" picture of a band at a gig. I used the channel mixer on (I think) the green channel and then added a little noise.

I think it came out great:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/cornellfinch/236052188/

 
At 7/03/2008 2:41 PM, Blogger Loïc BROHARD said...

I did find a whole lot of useful tips on your blog, very intresteting for an average amateur like myself. Many thanks for sharing, Loic http://brohardphotography.blogspot.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home