Thursday, August 10, 2006

Welcome!

Welcome to An Open-Ended Course in Photography! I am your instructor, Kelly Hoffart, also known as Full Metal Photographer. On this blog I will post tips on improving your photography, as well as photographic assignments so we can learn together. This is intended to be an interactive experience, so be sure to complete as many assignments as you can. Share your results by leaving a link to your photograph with your comments in the thread for whichever assignments you have completed.

I will post all kinds of different assignments, simple and advanced, but I will start with the basics.

And if you got here late, feel free to complete older assignments or jump in at any point that you find interesting.

If you complete at least one assignment, I will add a link to the web page you have that's most relevant to photography (if you have a photoblog, that will be it, or your Flickr account, or any other blog where you regularly post photos).

NOTE: I am looking for someone to write articles on artificial lighting, or perhaps the professional side of photography, or anything else that you feel is missing from this site.

2 Comments:

At 6/26/2012 2:21 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Hi,

I was surffing on net and found your blog.
First of all, I would like to appreciate your efforts to increase the knowlegde and second I found very interesting stuff on this blog.
I an doing photography from last one year and still in a learning phase. I know how to use a DSLR, however, I still don't know how to use photoshop. Only thing which I know in photoshop is writing my name on the photos. :)

I am going through with all of your articles and trying to work on them.

I saw that your were inactive for around 2.5 years as your son is growing. I hope he is doing good.

Looking forward for your new articles on photoshop and photography so that I can also learn from you.

Thanks & Regards
Nirmit Kapoor

 
At 6/28/2012 8:53 PM, Blogger Full Metal Attorney said...

I hope you get a lot out of this blog. I now have two more children (twins), so I don't think I'll be getting back into photography for quite a few years. By then maybe I'll have forgotten everything I knew, so I'll have to come back here to figure it out again.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home