Monday, September 18, 2006

Don't Be a Wuss

A quick tip: don't be a wuss. If you're not getting dirty or hurting yourself, you are missing out on some great photo opportunities. See this example:


(photo by waiting_line)

Yes, I could have taken a "normal" picture of this sculpture, but aren't you glad I didn't? I sure am. This is my result:

Black and Yellow

This is the fun part of photography, and if you're not afraid to do this kind of thing, you'll get much better results. Another example of the results you get when you get dirty:

The Mushroom Family

Compare that to pictures taken of the tops of mushrooms, where you don't get that nice detail on the bottoms of the caps.

And of course, it never hurts to hurt yourself. Well, yes it does, but don't be afraid to do it. I whacked my head on one of these . . .

Untitled

. . . BUT I got this amazing shot:

Untitled

Take this tip to heart, and show me what you get.

2 Comments:

At 9/18/2006 10:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

One must suffer for their art, even photographers. ;)

Of course I don't. But then I'm not really a photographer. More like an average chronicler in pictures.

The second set of pics looks somewhat seussicle. cool.

 
At 9/18/2006 8:29 PM, Blogger Full Metal Attorney said...

You chronicled something quite useful to me this time! Thanks for letting me use your shot.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home