Monday, November 13, 2006

Paul Caponigro Quote

In my years of photography I have learned that many things can be sensed, seen, shaped, or resolved in a realm of quiet, well in advance of, or between, the actual clicking of shutters and the sloshing of films and papers in chemical solutions. I work to attain a "state of heart," a gentle space offering inspirational substance that could purify one’s vision. Photography, like music, must be born in the unmanifest world of spirit.
--Paul Coponigro

2 Comments:

At 11/26/2006 3:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You've got the wrong photo accompanying the quote. That's John Paul Caponigro, son of Paul Caponigro. Their work is very different and, IMHO, son hasn't mastered the spirit his father was so attuned to.

 
At 11/26/2006 9:36 PM, Blogger Full Metal Attorney said...

Oops! Thanks. I was kind of confused about that, and I'd never heard of John Paul Caponigro, so I just assumed they were the same person. I'll remove the photo.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home